Is your imp box having trouble connecting to a WiFi network? This guide will help you diagnose and resolve the problem.
There are a few troubleshooting steps to try. Please follow the below steps, and if it does not work, please contact us using the submit a request button at the top of the page.
- Verify Wi-Fi Password:
To begin, ensure that you are entering the correct Wi-Fi password for your network. The imp is case-sensitive, and all information must be entered accurately. In the password field, there is an icon that looks like an eye. Tapping here will reveal the password you have entered. You can also double-check if you have the correct network password by logging into your network account or contacting your internet provider.
- Confirm 2.4 GHz Network and WiFi type 4:
The imp device is compatible only with the 2.4 GHz frequency band. Verify that your Wi-Fi network is broadcasting on the 2.4 GHz band and not on the 5 GHz band. You can log into your network router to confirm the frequency band.
Additionally, the imp can only connect to a WiFi type 4 network. If it is a type 5, type 6, or switching network the imp will not connect. You may need to reach out to your landline provider to have them create an additional network in your home with a dedicated WiFi 4 connection.
- Check Wi-Fi Signal and Internet Availability:
Sometimes the internet is down. You can check this by trying to connect other devices (e.g., smartphones, laptops) to the same Wi-Fi network and confirming if they can access the internet. If other devices are able to connect and use the internet, it indicates that the Wi-Fi signal is available.
- Perform Basic Network Troubleshooting:
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can attempt some basic network troubleshooting techniques:
- Restart the Wi-Fi Router: Power off your Wi-Fi router, wait for a few seconds, and then power it back on. This action helps refresh the router's settings and can potentially resolve connectivity issues.
- Move the imp Device Closer: If the imp device is located far away from the Wi-Fi router, try moving it closer to the router to improve the signal strength. Obstacles such as walls and large objects can hinder Wi-Fi signals, so reducing the distance between the imp device and the router can help establish a better connection.
By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this document, you should be able to diagnose and resolve connectivity issues with your imp device. Remember to verify the Wi-Fi password, ensure the network operates on the 2.4 GHz frequency band, confirm a dedicated WiFi type 4 network connection, and confirm the availability of a functional Wi-Fi signal. If the problem persists, please contact us using the submit a request button, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 800-374-0056 during normal east coast business hours.