You want to install your imp box at the point in your phone system that services all your phone lines.
- Have a cable box? If your landline emerges from a cable box, you should install your imp on the telephone line that comes out of the cable box. The imp box can be buddy-buddy with the cable box.
- Get your landline through the internet? If your landline comes from the internet, via an Ooma, Magic Jack, or something similar, you should install your imp on the line that emerges from those boxes, right next to them.
- Have an old-school, Plain Old Telephone System? Find where the telephone service enters your house before it splits off into all the various lines in the wall. This might be in the basement, near your electrical panel. Or somewhere similar. But you need to install your imp right at that entry point.
With some configurations, there is not a place imp can be moved. In this case we recommend the following:
- Some users have just silenced the ringer on the phones that are still ringing.
- You can buy a landline that just has one phone base, and then additional handsets communicate wirelessly with the base.
- We offer an additional imp service, the imp secondary box. You install it on the additional phone lines, which silences the first ring on those lines. You will need one for every phone that is still ringing once if you want to go this route. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to purchase, and they will share purchasing information.
If you are continuing to experience the issue, please contact imp support at 800-374-0056 by tapping 'submit a request' at the top right of this page and our imp specialists will be happy to assist you further.